Kogi Central Constituent to continue the process of withdrawing Natasha

Some of the constituents determined from the Kogi Central Senatorial District on Thursday vowed to move forward with the process of withdrawing the Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uuduaghan from the National Assembly.

They insist that they will perfect the process.

Constituent, in a statement issued on Thursday by one Salihu Habib, said there was no way back to their determination to bring Senator Kogi back to the house.

They, however, were grateful to the Independent National Election Commission for validating 208,132 (43.86 percent) signature in the petition that was previously submitted for withdrawal of Akpoti-Uduaghan.

The latest developments follow the Inec declaration that there are defects in the petition presented by the constituents.

Inec has, in a statement about the X grip on Thursday said the petition failed to meet the minimum requirements determined by the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

Also Read: FHC CJ Assign Records of Akpoti-Uduaghan Against Akpabio, Another After Withdrawing Judges

Constituent, who is a registered voter from Kogi Central, said they had mobilized more than 50 percent plus one threshold of registered voters and submitted their petition with complete documentation.

They noted that the validation of 43.86 percent by Inec was confirmation that the Kogi Center constituent had rejected the Senator.

The statement reads: “Apparently, Inec canceled no less than 35,000 signatures from the administrative signature collected.

“We will cooperate with Inec in the full ambition of the constitution and regulations to demand transparency in handling our petitions.

“We have a full confidence in the commission not to make a withdrawal process to the ambiguity or administrative opacity.”

Join the conversation

Opinion

Supports Nigeria’s ripples, resistant Journalism Solutions

A balanced and fearful journalism that is driven by data comes with enormous financial costs.

As a media platform, we ask for leadership accountability and will not trade the right to suppress freedom and freedom of speech for a piece of cake.

If you like what we do, and ready to uphold journalism solutions, friendly Nigerian ripples cause.

Your support will help ensure that residents and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for community development.

Donation now

Check Also

Kano Gov asked for justice after the murder of Edo, praising Tinubu, Okpebholo’s quick action

The Governor of the State Kano Abba Kabir Yusuf has praised the Ball President Ahmed …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *