The coach of South Africa minimizes the concern of the deduction of more than 3 points, says Bafana still favorites

The chief coach of the National Team of South Africa, Hugo Broos, insists that there is nothing to worry about regarding the deduction of three points that his team seems to suffer in the FIFA Board Hall, since he believes that they will still have an advantage over Nigeria in their 2026 World Cup qualification group.

Sports247 informs that Bafana Bafana is likely to be punished for using an inelligible player in his game at home against Lesotho, but, with the same country playing his games at home on South African soil, Broos believes that the points deduced can be quickly recovered by his team.

Read also: Parts of the 2026 World Cup of Super Eagles? Verdict of according to OdeGbami: difficult but not impossible

Ironically, after playing ‘far’ with Lesotho in Bloemfontein this Friday, Bafana Bafana will receive Nigeria in the same place four days later, and 73 -year -old Broos believes that his team will win both games.

He, however, raised his eyebrows about the logic behind FIFA punishing South Africa for a crime that the opponents did not complain, and pointed out that Nigeria only housed a protest as a late occurrence.

The Belgian tactic declared rhetorically: “We do not have to think about it. When the decision comes out, it is fine, we will lose three points. Very well, we will lose three points.

“But, I ask, ‘How can you punish someone when there is no complaint?’ It is not even Lesotho what he is pressing.

Broos, who previously trained Cameroon and a couple of clubs in Algeria, admitted that no one in his team recalled that the player in question should have lost the clash with Lesotho, but insisted that it is not necessary that there is no punishment without an initial protest.

He argued even more: “I have to be honest. We didn’t know it. Lesotho didn’t know it either. That’s why there was no complaint of them. So what is Nigeria doing for them?

“However, I understand them, because they would have the opportunity to approach three points closer to us. But, seeing what we have done so far, why should we start doubting? Why should we worry and scare ourselves?

“We won all the games we had to win. We obtained a good result in Nigeria and won in Benin. So why are we now worried about three points?

“If this happens, we should take it that way, and then we will have to fight in the field to qualify. Finish!”

He concluded with a statement that his approach for now is to ensure that Bafana wins the next two games in Bloemfontein against Lesotho and Nigeria to stay in the Pole position for the unique automatic ticket of the group to the United States/Canada/Mexico 2026.

“I do not think of (three -point deduction). I simply concentrate on the game against Lesotho, and after that, I focus on the game with Nigeria.

“Hopefully and let’s see what the results will be. But now I know we are in a very good position, and we have to try to maintain that position,” said Broos.


Publication views: 87

Check Also

Kun Khalifat FC Appeals for support in the middle of the NPFL financial voltage

Post views: 72 … match against Remo Stars moved to ABA Kun Khalifat FC …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *