AGF explains the withdrawal of the accusations against Otudeko, Kuru – Thage

The Prosecutor General of the Federation and the Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi (San), clarified the withdrawal of the criminal accusations against some important Nigerians, insisting on the fact that the decisions are based rigorously on the merits and in the rule of law.

Fagbemi turned to journalists on Thursday at the Ministry of the Ministry of Justice of 2025 Top management retirement to Ikot Ekpene, in the state of Akwa Ibom, where he rejected the claims of political interference.

The cases involved the president of the Honeywell group, dr. Oba Otudeko and former CEO of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria, Ahmed Kuru.

The commission for economic and financial crimes had previously presented an accusation of 13 counts against Otudeko, the former banking first director of the bank, Olabisi OnaSanya, former member of the Honeywell Board of Directors, Soji Akintayo and Anchorage Leisure Limited on an alleged fraudulent loan transaction N12.3 billion.

In the case of Kuru, Fagbemi explained that the accusations have not established any personal offense.

“In the case of Ahmed Kuru, it was not personally connected. The question included an AMCC investment of about N20M.

“Both the principal and the interest were recovered by the EFCC was not in its name, so what offense was it committed?” he said.

He added that other cases involving Kuru, including one connected to Arik Air, were underway, because “a first Facie case” had been established.

For Otudeko, AGF said that the accusations were eliminated after the complaints have withdrawn their petition.

“The complaints said they had recovered everything they thought was lost. Both sides agreed. So why waste the government’s resources again?” He explained.

Fagbemi rejected the suggestions that the presidency influenced the decision in favor of the political allies.
“What does the president have to do with this? Is a criminal proceeding.

“The prosecutor general is taking place to do what is appropriate. The Tinubu administration does not army the accusation,” he said.

The minister stressed that judicial proceedings must rest on facts and not be transformed into public glasses.

“When you speak of the rule of law, it does not admit to armament of judicial proceedings. If a case is not presented, it is not formulated. Not waste government resources and the time of the courts,” he said



Post views:
130

Check Also

Wafcon Victory Beclouds Falcons Flaws

Post views: 98 Of Ori Martins The Super Falcons of the achievement of Nigeria …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *