The National Inland Waterways Authority (Niwa) has confirmed another fatal accident for the third time within this month in the Jaranja river in the area of the local government of Shagari in the state of Sokoto.
The head of the Niwa area in Sokoto, Bala Bello, declared two people in Sokoto on Friday, while nine survivors were saved.
Beautiful, who said that the accident occurred on Friday afternoon, attributed it to negligence, canoe overload and violation of the safety rules.
He explained that a rescue team that included Niwa officials, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), emergencies management agency (sema) and Red Cross company had been lined up on the scene.
Bello said the team confirmed the figures of the victims while the research and rescue operations were underway to identify disappeared people.
The director of the area reiterated that Niwa had involved the river communities on safety measures, guidelines, use of rescue jackets and other considerations on the use of water.
The government of the state of Sokoto confirmed the death of four passengers, 41 survivors and five people who disappeared in a boat accident on August 17 in the village of Kojiyo in the area of the local government of Goronyo in the state.
Another accident occurred on August 22, at the Community of Faji in the area of the local government of Sabon Bni of the state, while the current accident was the third in the month.
Speaking on the scene, Malam Tukur Abubakar, head of the rescue and rehabilitation of the Nema, said that research and rescue were underway to identify the disappeared person.
A resident, Malam Abubakar Jabbi of Los Angeles, said that nine people were saved by local divers, a body recovered while a female body is still missing from the passengers of the boat.
Check Also
Ogun’s Muslims ask for the governor’s home in 2027, a 44 -year defect of political marginalization
The chapter of the state of Ogun of the concern for Muslim rights (Muric) requested …