Iran has warned that it will react with greater strength if targeted again by the United States or Israel, increasing rhetoric in the midst of sustainable tension over its nuclear program.
Speaking on Monday, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi issued a strong warning, showing that renewed military aggression would be filled with unwilling responses from the world.
“If the aggression is repeated, we will not hesitate to react in a more decisive way and in a way that cannot be covered,” Araghchi said in a post on X.
His statement seemed to be a direct reply to the previous threat from former US President Donald Trump, who, when during a visit to Scotland, claimed American air strikes had dismantled Iran’s nuclear abilities and warned Tehran against restarting atomic efforts.
“They can start again. If they do it, we will delete it faster than you can wave with your fingers,” Trump said.
Tension increased after a series of US attacks last month on Iran’s nuclear site, which took part in the surprise air bombing by Israel. Israel claims the attack is needed to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons. The coordinated attack disrupted the ongoing nuclear negotiations between Tehran and Washington which had been continued in April.
Although the level of damage to Iran’s nuclear infrastructure is still unclear, Iran replied with a missile attack – which targeted Israeli cities and US military bases in Qatar. Trump, however, seemed to refuse Iran’s response at that time.
Also read: EU denied the claim of slaughtering MSF assistance, saying funding for the Nigerian humanitarian crisis remains intact
Araghchi, in his Monday position, emphasized Iran’s position on his nuclear program, stated: “If there are concerns about the possibility of transferring our nuclear program to be an unnecessary goal, ‘Military Option’ is proven incapable
He also defended Iran’s rights over Uranium enrichment, emphasizing the peaceful nature of the program despite international concerns. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) notes that Iran is the only non-nuclear weapon that enriches uranium up to 60 percent-only a little from 90 percent needed for nuclear weapons.
Tehran has repeatedly denied pursuing nuclear weapons, insisting the efforts to triumph were for civil and medical energy purposes. While showing willingness to negotiate the level of enrichment, Iran still insisted on its right to enrich uranium.
“No sane person will leave extraordinary investment results in homemade and peaceful technology,” Araghchi added, “Just because of foreign intimidation.”
Before the conflict recently erupted, the main gap in US-Iran was centered on uranium enrichment. Tehran insisted on his “unable to be negotiated” for enrichment, while Washington saw it as a critical “red line”.
JamzNG Latest News, Gist, Entertainment in Nigeria

