Breaking News

FG clarifies the position on the Asuu agreement, says the 2009 agreement is still binding

The Federal Government has denied the relationships that suggest denying the existing agreements with the Union of Universities of academic staff (Asuu), insisting on the fact that the last binding pact between the two sides remains the 2009 agreement.

This was contained in a declaration issued by the director of the press and public relations, Friday Ministry of Federal Education, following a widespread recourse on the comments attributed to the Minister of Education, Dr. Tunji Alausa.

Previously Alausa was mentioned by saying that an agreement with Asuu had never been signed, a statement that triggered acute reactions of the Teacher Union.

Clarify the dispute, the ministry explained that the minister’s comments were erroneously interpreted.

“To avoid doubt, the FGN-Asuu agreement was the last time in 2009. This agreement remains the most recent agreement signed and binding between the Federal and Asuu government,” says the note.

The Ministry added that although a renegotiation committee was inaugurated in 2017, which later produced the document of the document Nimi Briggs in 2021, the project “was never signed” and therefore does not qualify as a binding agreement.

“When the minister said that there was no” new agreement signed “with Asuu, he referred specifically to the 2021 Nimi Briggs project that was not formally performed,” he further clarified the declaration.

However, the president of Asuu, prof. Chris Piwuna, criticized the minister’s previous observations, insisting on the fact that the union entered into a valid agreement with the Federal Government in 2009.

Speaking in Arise TV, Piwuna said: “We had an agreement with the Shehu Musa Yar’adua administration in 2009.

This agreement was signed with our then president, Prof. Aloysius Awuzie, and remains valid. “

He explained that although several renegotiations were attempted between 2017 and 2021, he ended with agreements of agreements that the government did not sign.

“It would be wrong to say that we have never had any agreement with the government,” added Piwuna, underlining that the 2009 agreement has yet to be adequately revised.

The Union has repeatedly warned that a national strike can be imminent if the government continues to delay the implementation of its requests, in particular the renegotiation of the 2009 agreement.

The Ministry of Public Education, however, has reassured the interested parties according to which the administration of President Bola Tinubu remains committed to resolving the 16 -year stall situation in a “sustainable and constitutionally supported” stall to prevent further interruptions in the academic calendar.

Pellicano Valley

Do you want to share a story with us? Do you want to advertise with us? Do you need advertising for a product, service or event? Contact us on WhatsApp +2348183319097 email: platformtimes@gmail.com

We commit ourselves to an investigative journalism of great impact for human interest and social justice. Your donation will help us tell other stories. Please give any amount HERE

Pellicano Valley

Check Also

The coach of South Africa minimizes the concern of the deduction of more than 3 points, says Bafana still favorites

The chief coach of the National Team of South Africa, Hugo Broos, insists that there …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *