Three people suffered injuries when part of the under-construction Zaria Central Mosque collapsed on Wednesday.
Eyewitnesses told reporters that the injured people, believed to be construction workers, were immediately evacuated to a hospital in Zaria for treatment.
There were no casualties in this incident.
The construction site was then closed, while workers were seen clearing debris from the collapsed section.
READ ALSO:
Zazzau Emirates Council spokesperson, Malam Abdullahi Kwarbai, who did not deny the incident, declined to comment.
Kwarbai only said that the reconstruction project had previously been handed over to a technical committee, which then handed over the site to the construction company handling the work.
JamzNG Latest News, Gist, Entertainment in Nigeria