Mango boss’s son arrested for his father’s fatal fall from a cliff…

The son of Mango founder Isak Andic has been arrested in connection with his father’s death.

Jonathan Andic, 45, was arrested on Tuesday by Catalan police as part of a renewed investigation into the fashion mogul’s death, which was initially treated as an accident but later reopened.

Isak, 71, died in December 2024 after falling down a ravine while walking in the Montserrat mountains near Barcelona with his son. There were conflicting media reports as to whether they were alone or whether other family members were present.

Jonathan has previously denied responsibility for his father’s death.

Announcement

A family spokesperson told Reuters that Jonathan had been questioned and that the family was confident of his innocence.

Isak Andic pictured with Kate Moss at the launch of the 2011 Mango collection in Paris
Isak Andic pictured with Kate Moss at the launch of the 2011 Mango collection in Paris

He joined Mango in 2005 and later oversaw the company’s Mango Man line. He became vice-president of the council after his father’s death.

Investigators in Catalonia initially closed the case in early 2025 after finding no evidence of criminal wrongdoing, but reopened it later that year, claiming there were inconsistencies in Jonathan’s testimony, La Vanguardia newspaper reported.

Jonathan was taken from home shortly after 11am local time (0900 GMT) where he was questioned again by police.

He later appeared before a judge, who ordered him detained with bail, set at €1 million (£865,000), ordered his passport confiscated and required him to appear in court weekly.

Born in Türkiye, Isak founded Mango with the help of his brother Nahman in Barcelona in 1984 and the chain now operates nearly 3,000 outlets in 120 countries.

The summit on pensions for informal sector workers will be held tomorrow

At the time of his death, Forbes estimated the businessman’s net worth to be $4.5 billion (£3.6 billion).

Mango CEO Toni Ruiz previously said Isak’s death would “leave a huge void” and added: “All of us are, in some way, his legacy and testament to his successes.”

“It is up to us, and this is the best tribute we can and will pay to Isak, to ensure that Mango continues to be the project that Isak aspired to and would be proud of.” [BBC]

Stay up to date with the latest updates!
Join The ConclaveNG on WhatsApp and Telegram to receive real-time news alerts, breaking stories and exclusive content straight to your phone. Don’t miss a single title: sign up now!

Join our WhatsApp channel

Join our Telegram channel

Check Also

Police kill kidnap gang leader in Ogun

Police agents in Ogun have killed a suspected kidnapping kingpin in the state. The suspect …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *