The construction of Lagos collapses, kills two people while another 14 are saved


The tragedy hit Tuesday after a two -storey building with a penthouse under construction collapsed in Orwu Street in the Lekki area in Lagos.

Two people were confirmed death while another 14 were saved by debris.

They were all workers who worked on the site.

The cause of the collapse cannot be immediately ascertained.

But relationships say that the building has given around around 16:00.

The two bodies were recovered around 19.45.

The spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, the CSP Benjamin Hudenyin, who confirmed the accident, said that the command agents were immediately lined up on the scene.

He said: “Two people died. A total of fourteen people have so far been saved and brought to the general hospital of the island of Lagos for care.

“Command agents remain on the ground to provide safety for the current rescue operation.”

Check Also

House of Representatives Committee Commits to Support NDPHC on Ikot Abasi 330 kV Transmission Project

The House of Representatives Committee on Public Goods has committed to working with the Niger …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *