The Nigerian government will rebuild the Lagos Carter Bridge

The Federal Government has allocated the sum of N548.98 billion for the reconstruction of the Carter Bridge in Lagos.

Minister of Public Works, Dave Umahi, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Thursday in Abuja.

He said the decision to demolish and rebuild the bridge followed investigations conducted at several points on the structure.

According to him, investigations confirmed that the pilings and piling covers under the water of the bridge had been damaged and could no longer be repaired.

READ ALSO:

“We called for stakeholder engagement, and all the technical experts across the country, and even internationally, all agreed that we cannot redeem the Carter Bridge, and it must be completely demolished and rebuilt.

“We have gone through rigorous procurement and design. The initial total length of the bridge is 1,525 kilometers, with three lanes doubled.

“We have now increased the project to 1.93 kilometers because we added the flyover, so that the traffic jam that usually occurs is no longer there. The total value of the contract approved is N548.98 billion,” said the minister.

Check Also

After the terror attack, Governor Makinde signed an executive order on vigilantism and security groups

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde has signed Executive Order 001 of 2026 on the Regulation …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *