News

Police started an operation to rescue 15 passengers who were kidnapped in the waters of Cross River

Police agencies in Cross River have initiated coordinated search and rescue operations for 15 passengers abducted by gunmen on the Calabar–Oron waterway on Friday. A Navy officer told reporters at the weekend that gunmen ambushed a ferry carrying passengers. A passenger ferry loaded from Calabar was traveling to Oron in Akwa Ibom State. READ ALSO: TransExp, NGX, Stanbic and others …

Read More »

Top 10 stories from all Nigerian Newspapers, Monday, April 20

Here are the top ten stories from across the country 1. Former Kano governor, Shekarau, dumps PDP, joins APC Former governor of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau has resigned his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).Read more 2. The Nigerian government prohibits the import of detergents, pens, frozen chicken, chocolate, cement, etc The federal government in its updated schedule has …

Read More »

‎Ikot Ekpene @75: It’s time to reposition yourself for global relevance – LG president

‎‎‎‎‎The Chairman of Ikot Ekpene Local Government Area (LGA), Aniefiok Nkom, has vowed to reposition the council for global relevance‎‎Launching the year-long Diamond Jubilee celebration for the Premier LGA of Nigeria, Nkom has unveiled a roadmap to reposition the council for the next 75 years.‎‎Speaking at a global press conference at the council secretariat on Sunday, the council leader anchored …

Read More »

TransExp, NGX, Stanbic and others lead the stocks to watch this week

Investors in the Nigerian capital market earned N8.6 trillion at the close of trading last week. The market value increased to N139.8 trillion from N131.1 trillion recorded in the previous week. Likewise, the All-Share Index (ASI) which appreciated by 6.57% closed the week at 217,167.57 points, up from 203,770.43 points recorded in the previous week. The market performance was supported …

Read More »

The FG allocates $1.37 billion for Boko Haram trials and increases the prosecutor’s budget by 159%

The federal government allocated $1.371 billion in the 2026 budget for the prosecution of Boko Haram and other terrorism-related cases, marking a sharp increase of 159% from the $530 million allocated in 2025. The provision, acquired by the Federal Ministry of Justice, highlights a renewed push by the government to strengthen the legal response to terrorism and insecurity. An analysis …

Read More »

Kidnapped UTME candidates, others regain freedom in Benue

Benue State Governor, Hyacinth Alia, has confirmed the safe rescue of 15 kidnapped passengers in the state. Alia stated this on Sunday, during a joint briefing with the Ommolice Commissioner, Ifeanyi Emenari, at Government House, Makurdi.The victims were abducted on April 15, along the Taraku – Otukpo road but were rescued unharmed. The governor explained that initially 17 people were …

Read More »

JAMB releases UTME results for April 17 18 candidates

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced the release of results for candidates who took the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) 2026 on Friday 17 April and Saturday 18 April. In a statement released on Sunday by its spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, the council said that 1,264,940 results from the two days are now available to candidates. JAMB further …

Read More »

SCORENigeria Top 5: Great player Ademola Lookman keeps Atleti’s Champions League hopes alive

Ademola Lookman shined brightly in last week’s big games, scoring the all-important tiebreaker that took Atlético Madrid past Barcelona into the UEFA Champions League semi-finals and then hitting the target in the Copa del Rey final against Real Sociedad. 5.Josh Maja The Super Eagles striker scored one of the goals that moved West Bromwich Albion away from the relegation zone …

Read More »

A notorious bandit leader was killed in a factional clash in Kaduna

A notorious bandit leader, identified as Kachalla Auwalu, linked to the Dogo Gide network, was killed in a violent clash between rival factions in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of ​​Kaduna State. The Nigerian Army disclosed this in an operational report given to journalists on Sunday in Abuja. The report said the incident occurred during an internal confrontation between armed …

Read More »

Sudan: Three-quarters of women feel unsafe as war rages on

Fabrizia Falcione, UNFPA The Country Representative in Sudan briefed journalists in New York on the latest assessment based on 95 focus group discussions in 16 of 18 states. About 1,000 women participated and 76 percent of them aged 25 to 49 “reported feeling unsafe both in the camp and outside the camp: at markets, water points, at firewood collection points, …

Read More »