Suspected killer of Charlie Kirk in custody, says Trump – Thage

The suspicious armed man who killed the conservative activist Charlie Kirk in a university event in Utah confessed to a family member and is now in custody, confirmed the president of the United States Donald Trump.

Kirk, 31 years old, was killed on Wednesday afternoon by a single shot while turned to about 3,000 people during his “American return tour” to Utah Valley University of Orem, about 40 miles south of Salt Lake City.

He was answering a question about mass shootings when a bullet hit his neck, sending students and visitors to flee in panic.

The governor of Utah Spencer Cox identified the suspicion as Tyler Robinson.

“Lord and gentlemen, we took it,” Cox announced in a press conference on Friday.

The briefing followed the previous confirmation of President Trump Fox & Friends that the suspicion had been arrested.

“I think, with a high degree of certainty, we have it in custody,” said Trump, revealing that Robinson’s father convinced him to surrender to the authorities.

The director of the FBI Kash Patel said that Robinson was taken in custody around 22:00 on Thursday’s local time after a family member left a friend, who warned the police.

The authorities said that Robinson was connected to shooting through online messages, family interviews and friends and surveillance movies.



Post views:
106

Check Also

Alleged coup: Court hears plot to recruit villa workers and cut off power supply

The Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday heard fresh allegations of a plot to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *